BTEC Civil Engineering
Equivalent to 3 A Levels
What will you study?
The course has been designed to meet the needs of the Civil Engineering Industry. The Extended Diploma is a two-year, full-time course that is suitable for students who want to progress into higher education courses before entering employment within the construction industry.
It also supports learners who want to progress directly to employment in roles in construction or a professional construction role and Higher Apprenticeships in the construction sector.
The content of this qualification has been developed in consultation with employers and professional bodies to ensure that it is appropriate for those interested in working in the sector. In addition, higher education representatives have been involved to ensure that it fully supports entry to the relevant range of specialist degrees.
This qualification provides the knowledge, understanding and skills that will allow learners to progress to further education, or directly to employment or an Apprenticeship in the construction sector. There are eight mandatory units, which cover the following aspects of construction:
- construction principles
- construction design
- tendering and estimating
- construction technology
- health and safety in construction
- further mathematics in construction
- site engineering for construction
- construction in civil engineering.
For detailed course information, please read the course specification.
This qualification will prepare learners for direct employment in the construction and built environment sector, and is ideal if they wish to enter a particular specialist area of work, such as:
- civil engineering technician
- civil engineering design technician
- civil engineering surveying technician
- construction project technician
- site engineering technician
- public health engineering technician
- construction contracting technician (estimator) in civil engineering
- trainee site supervisor in civil engineering.
We have put together an information document with the details about our new course and details of each module. Click here for more details.