GOVERNANCE & POLICIES
The Proprietor of UTC Warrington is the ‘UTCW Trust’.
The Trust’s registered office is:
Company Registration Number: 8714780 (England & Wales)
Chair of Governors: Mike Houghton
The Chair of Governors can be contacted at:
- Aidan McManus – North West Projects
- Steve Park – Warrington & Co
- John Patterson – Sellafield Ltd
- John McCann – Manchester Metropolitan University
- Rita Smith – Manchester Metropolitan University
- Neil Gilligan – Vinci Facilities
- Jackie Thomason – Simian Risk Group
- Ian Cumming – Conveyor Networks
- Governance and Link Governance Structure
- Register of Business and Pecuniary Interests
The Department for Education Governors Handbook identifies three core strategic functions for school Governing Bodies:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction.
- Holding the Principal to account for the educational performance of the school and its students, and the performance management of staff.
- Overseeing the financial performance of the school and making sure its money is well spent.
At UTC Warrington, we are fortunate to have a supportive and dedicated Governing Body. Its members bring a wide range of skills, knowledge and experiences. Members of our Governing Body give freely their time to ensure the continued improvement and success of our school. Their commitment and expertise is a vital element of the college.
The Governing Body meets regularly, either as a full group or within sub-groups dedicated to particular areas of school management. Decisions are made at the sub groups and then ratified at meetings of the full Governing Body.
Below you will find links to all key policies regarding the running of the UTC along with financial reports and other useful information.
All policies are available upon request; please contact the school by telephone or email. If you require any further information, please do not hesitate to get in touch.
Tel: 01925 737067
- Behaviour & Professional Standards
- Charging & Remissions
- Child Protection
- Data Protection & Student Records
- Extreme Weather
- Equality Statement
- Home/College Agreement
- Health & Safety
- Provider Access
- Pupil Premium
- Safer Recruitment
- Sex & Relationships
- Staff Capability (Support Staff)
- Staff Capability (Teacher)
- Support Staff Appraisal
- Supporting Students with Medical Conditions
- Teacher Appraisal