Vacancy: Teacher of Engineering
Job start: September 2019
Interviews: w/c 4th March 2019
Salary: MPS/UPS (Potential leadership responsibilities for the right candidate)
Contract type: Full Time
Contract term: Permanent
UTC Warrington is the first Key Stage 4 and Sixth Form Technical College in Warrington dedicated to providing a specialist curriculum that excels in Science, Engineering and the digital and creative technologies. Our town-centre iconic building houses £1m of specialist engineering and digital equipment and is centrally located with excellent transport links on our doorstep to ensure that UTC Warrington is accessible for staff and students far and wide.
In the first year of opening, we were over-subscribed at Key Stage 4; a trend set to continue in 2019/20 as we further develop opportunities to get young people into the best careers in Warrington and beyond.
Bridging the disconnect between education and industry, our specialisms reflect the skills needed to build a sustainable workforce and we provide a platform for progression to a wide range of education, training and employment opportunities.
Engineering is a diverse, wide-reaching sector with many paths to follow. Our curriculum is designed to build a foundation of knowledge and grow the students interest in designing, testing and building tomorrow’s technology. Our engineering workshop has been shaped by local employers who have helped us choose industry standard equipment. Gaining real-life practice skills ready for the workplace, our students have an advantage over other students across Warrington. In our Workshop we have the equipment for our students to forge, weld, mould and cut through electrical conductive materials.
We are looking to appoint an outstanding and enthusiastic Teacher of Engineering who has a passion for their subject and the ability to motivate young people.
The post holder will be:
- A well-qualified, industrious and talented team player who believes in lifelong learning and has a passion for the subject and an ability to bring it to life in classroom setting.
- A teacher who is committed to delivering active and engaging learning, which enthuses young people and motivates them to want to succeed
- A teacher who can promote a love and passion of learning and stimulate our students intellectual curiosity
- A teacher who can set targets that stretch and challenge students of all backgrounds, abilities and dispositions.
- A teacher with a continued commitment to their own professional development
We can offer:
- Excellent CPD opportunities.
- A state of the art building with first class facilities, including 4 x hi-tech Science Labs, ICT suites, a newly refurbished student learning resource centre, and 4G roof terrace/social space amongst many other modern facilities.
- Well equipped classrooms with an average class size of just 22 students.
- A passionate and dedicated staff team.
- Teachers Pension Scheme
- A supportive and collaborative environment and the opportunity to achieve career development
- Encouragement for innovation and creativity
- Access to leading industry partners to provide ‘real life’ work experience to students.
If you wish to apply, please email email@example.com for a candidate information pack.
Vacancy: Learning Mentor/Student Support
Job start: April 2019
Salary: £19,446 – £23,111 FTE (Local Government Support Staff Pay Scale 19-25)
Actual Salary: £16,140
Contract type: Full Time / Term-time only (Flexible working hours may be considered)
Contract term: Permanent
Benefits: Local Government Pension Scheme
Fantastic CPD opportunities
We are seeking to appoint a dedicated and enthusiastic Learning Mentor to support students with a range of different learning needs, who are passionate about a future career in Engineering. The successful candidate will work closely alongside the SENCo and Assistant Principals to ensure students meet their educational aims. This is a unique and exciting opportunity for an aspirational individual to gain first-hand experience in all aspects of student support.
If you wish to apply, please complete a UTCW application form and submit with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. CVs will not be accepted. The closing date for applications is Sunday 3rd March .